- 1 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Cup Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- This is what will set your cookies apart. Brown your butter! In a sauce pan, add your butter and cook on medium heat until brown. You will notice it starting to foam. Keep browning until it has caramelized. Remove from heat.
- In a seperate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt together and set to the side.
- In your mixer, add butter and sugars and mix for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla to butter and sugars and mix until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture (don’t over mix!) until incorporated.
For small cookies, bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. For large cookies, bake 10-12 minutes.