This is one of my favorite comfort foods! I love to create a fun pie crust for the kids using cookie cutters. To save time with this recipe, I cook my chicken in the crockpot ahead of time and shred with my mixer.
- 1 Cup Carrots
- 1 Cup Onion
- 1 Cup Celery
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2lb of shredded Chicken (I cook in the crockpot ahead of time)
- 1 Can Peas
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 pack of your favorite pie crust (I like to cut time here with store bought, but feel free to make your own.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and set out your pie crusts to soften up.
- Sauté carrots, onion and celery in butter and garlic until onions are soft.
- Add in flour and stir until well mixed.
- Add in chicken broth and milk. Stir until thick and bubbly.
- Once your mixture is thickened, turn off heat and add in your shredded chicken and peas (drain peas before adding).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover your pie dish with first pie crust and add your mixture in.
- This is where you’ll want to decorate that top pie crust if you choose. If not, just go ahead and cover with your second pie crust and cut a slit in the middle.
- Trim your edges and push ends together with a fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes.